Looking after ourselves and developing our sense of self-worth and self-love are some of the most important things to do. No matter how you feel, every day, you should remind yourself why you’re important and inspire yourself more and more. They say that the better you feel within yourself about yourself, can help you to be more resilient to negative outside events.
A developed sense of self-love is so important, because so long as we know how fantastic we are, the comments we may get from others don’t have the same sting compared to when we are our own worst enemy.
So, here are 10 things I think we should look in the mirror and say to ourselves each morning:
- I matter
- It doesn’t matter if I make mistakes, so long as I am doing my best
- I am unique, and that’s what makes me special and who I am
- I am beautiful
- I am enough
- I accept myself just as I am and acknowledge my self worth
- I deserve only the best and won’t settle for less
- I am capable if great things
- I am allowed to express myself
- I am not a burden
So write these in your diary, or on your mirror, or even come up with your own! Just remember to remind yourself of how great and strong you are everyday- it may be hard sometimes, and honestly you may not completely believe it initially (But you definitely should), but don’t stop until you believe it.