Our own personal wellbeing is something that is of top importance. If we look after ourselves, we can do a range of other things so much better. Whether you have been diagnosed with a mental health condition or not, your own personal wellbeing is VITAL just for you to simply survive!
According to the MIND website, if you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
Now, obviously it is impossible for us all to always experience these, all at once. however it is always something we can strive for- but the tip is not to put too much pressure on yourself to reach them otherwise a lack may only cause distress.
I found some really good top tips for improving wellbeing on the rethink website and peoplefirstinfo.org!
- COMMUNICATION – when you don’t feel 100 tell someone, let someone know. There’s a strong power and sense of release that comes with talking.
- DO SOMETHING CREATIVE- go and paint a picture, listen to your favourite music and dance around, something that will lift your spirits.
- KEEP ACTIVE AND EAT HEALTHY- mental health and physical health are known to come hand in hand. To improve one the other must be in good shape too! Things like alcohol and other recreational activities are fine so long as they’re in moderation. An excess can really affect our mood.
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP AND SUNLIGHT
- Lastly, the most important, DON’T SIT ALONE AND SUFFER.
hope this helps!