Comfort Zones are something of an annoyance. Your comfort zone provides you with something of a cushion around you, where you feel safe. HOWEVER, they are annoying because they create a fear of anything that is not within those boundaries and this fear of going outside of these ‘safe’ boundaries is so much that we don’t want to. What makes it annoying, is that we can easily do it, and while that first step may be hard to do, the steps that follow become easier and easier!
I obviously can’t write a post on how to get out of your comfort zone because everyone’s comfort zones have different boundaries and surround different areas of ‘comfort’ but I do want to share a couple of my favourite quotes that encourage me to take those vital steps out side of the zone of comfort I like to reside in.
- ‘Great things never came from comfort zones’
- ‘you can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore’
- ‘If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you’
- ‘If it scares you, then it is a sign that you NEED to do it’
- ‘Life becomes more meaningful when you realise the simple fact that you’ll never get the same moment twice.’
- ‘Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone.’
- ‘If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done’