Self care is one of THE most important things on this planet! Even when life is going swellingly (not sure if that is actually a word… but I just added it to my dictionary so it is now!), we – as humans have a habit of ignoring ourselves and our most vital needs.
We can practice self care in some of the simplest of ways. Ways to check in on ourselves and make sure all systems are still a-go! It is one of the best things we can do for ourselves and so I have come up with a list of things that I want to do to practice self care more, and maybe if you want you could check it too! Because self care is absolutely ESSENTIAL.
- re-read one of your old favourite books
- write a list of things you are grateful
- GO OUTSIDE
- do some exercise
- go and treat yourself to a nap
- (one that i really want to try and do more of) start doing some yoga
- have some close loved ones over, that could be friends or family, and have a home spa day
- go and have a hot, bubbly bath!
- Get an early night
- buy yourself some flowers
- Learn something new
- get dressed up (for absolutely no reason whatsoever) and admire yourself
- Phone up a loved one, let them know that you’re thinking of them
- have a pj day
- eat something incredibly healthy
- do a DIY project, make something and don’t give up until it is made
- create a morning routine
- define what gives you stress and combat that
- write a letter to who you were, and who you want to be
- write out your short and long term goals
- EAT BREAKFAST
- get up and get out – do some moving
- set some achievable goals for the day
- get to know yourself – who are you? what do you like? what do you not like?
- start something new and meet some new people
- turn off the technology
- sit at a train station, or maybe a bus stop, or in one of those restaurants that has a road facing window and just peacefully people watch.. My friend Imogen and I used to do this at our local mcdonalds – we would people watch and make up stories about the people we would see and ponder on their life stories
- Go braless for a day
- go and pamper yourself maybe get your hair done
- go a day with out complaining and focusing on the positive things
- try and push yourself abit more out of your comfort zone – someone said that if you go through life comfortable then you are not properly living life. The only way you will learn about yourself and who you are is if you do new things
- Do some colouring
- write down your current thoughts and feelings
- avoid things that trigger negative emotions
- Take yourself out
oh i could keep going on and on and on but i won’t waste your time any longer!
But remember to always keep your heads high, treat yourself every once in a while!
Love your self.